cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Oliver" <coli...@SeeBeyond.com>
Subject RE: Rhino @ cocoondev
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2003 19:08:37 GMT
Hi Sam,

Nothing was removed. I just downloaded the most recent snapshot of Rhino, and it doesn't contain
README.html either. As I mentioned the version in cocoondev.org was created from a snapshot
from about a year ago - not copied from Mozilla CVS.

Also

http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/js/rhino/README.html

doesn't seem to contain the license, only a link to the documentation. So I'm not sure what
you're talking about.

As regards BEA, they haven't actually contributed anything to Mozilla yet. When/if they do
I'll be interested to see how they integrated their extensions with the Rhino core. Perhaps
we can take the same approach with the continuations code.

Regards,

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Ruby [mailto:rubys@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 8:54 AM
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Rhino @ cocoondev

I am very disappointed to see that the license (which was contained in
README.html in the Mozilla version of Rhino) was removed in the fork
that is present on cocoondev.org.

Unrelated question: is there any plans for the cocoondev version of
Rhino to have the newly announced XML functionality added?

http://www.ecma-international.org/news/ECMA%20E4X%20Final%20Final.pdf
http://dev2dev.bea.com/articles/JSchneider_XML.jsp

- Sam Ruby