cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Oliver" <>
Subject RE: Problem with JPetStore
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 22:51:39 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Sylvain Wallez []
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: Problem with JPetStore

Christopher says that Rhino makes no difference between "object" types
and primitive types. Now if we consider primitive types as being
represented like the immutable objectified Java primitive types
(Integer, Boolean, etc), there's not much difference between passing an
immutable object by reference and a real primitive type by value.

But that's nitcpicking ;-)

JavaScript primitives are immutable objects. So I think "passing an immutable object by reference"
is the correct description. But I didn't say that there are no differences between "object"
types and primitive types in JavaScript. What I said is that there is no difference in how
they are shared between continuations.

View raw message