cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: why do we have two http proxy generators?
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:27:04 GMT
"Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org> wrote:

> we currently have two of them: one in the trunk and another one in a
> block. Also, it seems that the one in the trunk is broken.

Yes, I know, they're fairly different. The one in the trunk actually
downloads the data into a string and parses that. I wrote the one in the
block, and that one parses data straight from the XML stream.

"My" implementation also relies on the latest commons-httpclient code, and
is (somehow) more customizable in terms of how you build your HTTP request
(parameters and query string, mostly).

All I need to do is write some doccos on the block (I never did it, as you
were working on splitting the per-block documentation out in the block
itself)... Now that it seems more stable, I believe I can do that! :-)

> I would like to move the proxy-related samples into the proxy block and
> also remove the one from the trunk.
>
> Anybody against this?

Nope...

    Pier