cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [FYI] heapprofile analysis
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:32:50 GMT
On 18/3/03 21:00, "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org> wrote:

> I assume, but I'm not sure, that [xx are native internal objects, so
> there is not much we can do about those. Still, I would like to know
> what is that [10 object that accounts for so much memory.

They should be (might be) arrays... As that's the way in which you define
them in JNI (roughly).... And the number after that _should_ (but I ain't
sure) the type of array that you're actually looking at. Should be one of:

#define JVMPI_NORMAL_OBJECT              ((jint)0)
#define JVMPI_CLASS                      ((jint)2)
#define JVMPI_BOOLEAN                    ((jint)4)
#define JVMPI_CHAR                       ((jint)5)
#define JVMPI_FLOAT                      ((jint)6)
#define JVMPI_DOUBLE                     ((jint)7)
#define JVMPI_BYTE                       ((jint)8)
#define JVMPI_SHORT                      ((jint)9)
#define JVMPI_INT                        ((jint)10)
#define JVMPI_LONG                       ((jint)11)

You never _never_ have access to the JVM internal objects from any
whatsoever possible pre-defined interface... And I tried... :-)

    Pier