cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject form encoding problems
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:05:33 GMT
Hi All,

This is possibly a trivial mistake ... but I never came across it
before.

I have a search form for searching Lucene. Mozilla confirms the page is
in UTF-8 encoding.

I enter a string with accented characters into the query field. eg
'éclair' (e-acute).

The form comes back with the string now reading 'éclair'. (A-tilde,
Copyright sign). Mozilla says the encoding is still UTF-8. (The value
has been picked up by an InputModule and fed via the SiteMap to XSLT).

The query string in the URL reads 'query=%C3%A9clair', which are the
unicodes for 'A-tilde' and 'Copyright' characters. (Which would imply
to me that the Browser incorrectly encoded the query.)

This makes me feel like I have done something really dumb, but I cannot
work out what ;)

Incidentally, the search form in the Cocoon Samples does exactly the
same thing!!

Any suggestions?

regards Jeremy