cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <>
Subject cvs disruption (was: Re: Setting up a PMC mailinglist)
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:42:56 GMT
On Friday, March 21, 2003, at 08:15  AM, Steven Noels wrote:

> There's movement on the -docs list and perhaps also a Forrest quantum
> leap blossoming, so we'd better do this before or after this assumably
> disruptive step.

I also wanted to state strongly that I don't believe Forrest transition
needs to "disrupt" the Cocoon 2.1 repo. In spite of recent work that was
just committed, and in spite of the fact this already impacts doc
building, it remains possible to test the transition completely outside
of the cvs and check in files only when we are finished -- and if the
Cocoon project decides it **wants** Forrest (which has never been
subject to a vote). Up to now, I and a few others were pursuing a more
cvs-friendly approach where transition files were checked into Forrest
cvs for others to expand/test. Problem is, this approach doesn't attract
much positive attention, although at least it doesn't attract any
negative attention either.

I'm just concerned that some people may remain "bruised" from the recent
cvs problems that came about from upgrading the build. If anyone has a
problem with in-process Forrest files in the Cocoon cvs, we can adjust
course and pursue a more cvs-sensitive approach. Still, I think I may be
too conservative about these things. Perhaps the best thing is to simply
throw it in the cvs and let everyone help finish the work -- as is
happening right now.

Just looking for some advice.

-- Diana

View raw message