cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject AbstractSAXSource incompatible changes [was: DOMStreamer incompatible changes]
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:46:06 GMT

> On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 16:25, Unico Hommes wrote:
> [...]
> > For
> > instance the method setContentHandler seems to have been removed
> > completely.
>
> re-added in CVS (both 2.0 and 2.1).

Thanks, that does help.

> Thanks for reporting, and don't hesitate to report any
> further problems
> you may have.

OK, I will. Actualy something else does seems to be broken. But I'm not sure this one is yours.
I am getting:

E:\projects\hippo-y!\src\cocoon-xhive\java\nl\hippo\cocoon\source\XhiveSource.java:109:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : constructor AbstractSAXSource (<nulltype>,org.apache.avalon.framework.compo
nent.ComponentManager,org.apache.log.Logger)
location: class org.apache.cocoon.components.source.AbstractSAXSource
        super( null , manager , logger );
        ^
E:\projects\hippo-y!\src\cocoon-xhive\java\nl\hippo\cocoon\source\XhiveSource.java:216:
toSAX(org.xml.sax.ContentHandler) in nl.hippo.cocoon.source.XhiveSource cannot overri
de toSAX(org.xml.sax.ContentHandler) in org.apache.cocoon.components.source.AbstractS
AXSource; overridden method does not throw org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException
    public void toSAX( final ContentHandler handler )

The first one is caused by the fact that the constructor signature used to take an o.a.log.Logger
but now takes o.a.avalon.framework.logger.Logger The second is because of the toSAX method
signature. The original toSAX method on o.a.cocoon.environment.Source also threw o.a.cocoon.ProcessingException.
So if someone could make those changes that would make me realy happy :)

Regards,
U.