cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject DOMStreamer incompatible changes
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:25:37 GMT

Hi,

There have been a lot of changes made to DOMStreamer lately and I'm grieved to see without
consideration of backwards compatibity. For instance the method setContentHandler seems to
have been removed completely. I use this class quite heavily throughout my code and I'm getting
errors when compiling against cocoon CVS HEAD.

I don't see why this change was deemed neccessary, could anyone please explain? In my code
I have several places where a single threaded component has a DOMStreamer instance variable
that is used for the lifetime of the component. Whenever it's used I connect the current ContentHandler
to it by calling m_streamer.setContentHandler( currentContentHandler ). Please reconsider
this change, I don't imagine I am the only one using that class.

Regards,
U.