cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject New DOMStreamer not backwards compatible
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 12:53:42 GMT

Hi,

The latest changes to DOMStreamer broke my code in several places due to the fact that the
NamespaceNormalizingDOMStreamer is outputting xml declarations during each stream( Node )
call, resulting in xml declarations all over the place in my output. I think that DOMStreamer
should only output such a declaration if the Node to stream is of type Document. Reasonable?

Anyway, I fixed the problem by setting DOMStreamer.setNormalizeNamespacesOn( false ). Perhaps
this should also be the default setting, as "This class [NamespaceNormalizingDOMStreamer]
has of course more overhead then the normal DOM-streamer, so only use it in cases where it's
needed" (quoted from the NamespaceNormalizingDOMStreamer javadoc).

Unico