cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Flow Layer Database API
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 11:00:28 GMT

On Monday, March 3, 2003, at 11:52 PM, Christopher Oliver wrote:

> You know what? You're right. My description below was wrong. What I
> should have said is that I created a simple _JavaScript_ database API
> that can be used to implement business objects in JavaScript.

<snip>PetStore Example</snip>

> I believe if used properly this can still provide the correct SOC.
> What do you think?

That new example does look a lot better!

TBH, your first example set alarms off in my head ;)

I think this looks very useful for rapid prototyping, but it also
allows you to work in a bad way .... and unfortunately this way of
doing it is so much closer to the way you'd do it in 'other
environments' it will be attractive to newcomers, which is both good
and bad ;)

On a personal note, it is unfortunate because I think your new
techniques will be more attractive to my Client! Even though it may not
be the best way to work, they will find it easier to understand, being
closer to what they used to do. So even though I might prefer O-R
Mapping, I don't think they will.

Anyway, please do not take this as criticism!

regards Jeremy