cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [ANN] XMLForm as a standalone servlet toolkit (decoupling XMLForm?)
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:58:13 GMT
Le Vendredi, 28 mars 2003, à 15:40 Europe/Zurich, ivelin a écrit :

> ...I have been asked numerous times via private emails, if it can be
> used
> independently for smaller projects?
> It can be cleanly isolated and interfaced with cocoon via some sort of
> adapter....

Then it might be ideal to refactor and just take the *core XMLForm* out
of Cocoon as a separate project, like Chaperon and jfor do for example,
they are hosted on SF with just minimal adapter stuff in the Cocoon
codebase and use ASF-compatible licenses.

If you could do this first and *then* move the core XMLForm out of
Cocoon it might be much better technically (=decoupling) and
community-wise than having an external project than strongly depends on
Cocoon code and vice-versa.

-Bertrand