cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: docs build exception, cocoon-2.0 repo
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2003 22:49:31 GMT
On Sunday, March 9, 2003, at 02:18  PM, Diana Shannon wrote:

> FATAL_E 2003-03-09 13:44:45.854 [        ] (): Exception caught
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Could
> not load parser org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.JaxpParser

Reviewing Carsten's cvs commit
   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=104696278122499&w=2
it appears references to org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.JaxpParser are
being phased out in other files.

Trying
   javap -classpath `echo lib/core/*.jar | tr ' ' ':'`
org.apache.excalibur.xml.JaxpParser
Yields
   Class 'org.apache.excalibur.xml.JaxpParser' not found

It appears the new excalibur-xmlutil jar uses
   org.apache.excalibur.xml.impl.JaxpParser

The following files still contain references to
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.JaxpParser
   src/documentation/cocoon.xconf
   src/java/org/apache/cocoon/Constants.java
   src/java/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon.roles

It isn't clear if these files also need to be updated or if the classes
they refer to are merely deprecated (and need inclusion). So ... I'm
unable to update the web site about the new repository changes until
this is docs build problem is resolved. Any advice welcome.

Diana