cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From leo leonid <...@leonid.de>
Subject Re: Java PetStore sample - alternative view
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:24:58 GMT

On Montag, März 17, 2003, at 04:37  Uhr, Christopher Oliver wrote:

> leo leonid wrote:
>> I just put the first results on my server.
>> => http://proto2.leonid.de
>> The XSP/XSL view for browsing Categories, Products, Items, Search,
>> SignOn is already working. I'm now a bit stuck with the Cart, where I
>> am still unsuccessful in retrieving values from the flow layer via
>> jpath. So Cart.xsp doesn't work yet. Any hints?
>
> Cool!
>
> I just checked in your xsp stuff into the scratchpad. And I made some
> changes to fix Cart.xsp.

excellent! so I can go on with checkout, order, shiping, etc...

> Does Xsp have some way of doing number formatting? The numeric values
> you receive from JavaScript are of type java.lang.Double.

Yes probably there is already a logicsheet for this, I try to avoid
<xsp:logic/>. Number formating is also possible with XSL <xsl:value-of
select="format-number (aNumber, '###,###.##')"/>

But something really ugly - where I really can't imagine an elegant
solution with XSP or XSL - is HTML in the DB. The only reasonable
solution would be restructuring the DB, but then it isn't THE petstore
anymore. hm?? so where should we solve this problem?

/Leo