cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: [FYI] Tomcat 4.1.21, JDK 1.4 and endorsed libs
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 17:33:49 GMT
Ugo Cei <u.cei@cbim.it> asked:

> It looks like they have updated the Xerces parser that is distributed
> with the latest version of Tomcat (4.1.21 beta), and I've
> verified that
> copying the Xerces and Xalan jars from Cocoon to
> $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed is not necessary anymore under
> JDK 1.4.1_01
>
> Can anyone confirm this?
>
> 	Ugo

I've been running JDK 1.4.0 for some time and I can't recall ever copying
anything to $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed with either Tomcat 3.x or Tomcat
4.x.  We're currently running the integrated Jboss 3.0.4 and Tomcat 4.1.12
with no problems and an empty
"jboss-3.0.4_tomcat-4.1.12\tomcat-4.1.x\common\endorsed" directory.

(I do have to continue to keep the JDK endorsed directories current with the
latest Xerces/Xalan...)