cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Butler, Mark" <Mark_But...@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Subject RE: DeliTransformer and DeliComponent
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:27:42 GMT
Hi Carsten

Simplifying sounds a good idea.

However I have a question - apologies in advance about my ignorance of the
avalon lifecycle - if the deli component fails sometime during the
contextualize / compose / parameterize / initalize phase, does this mean the
check
 if (this.manager.hasComponent(Deli.ROLE))
will be false i.e. the DELI component only become available after
initialize? If so perhaps there is an argument for keeping the check in
DeliTransformer.java?

I have a question BTW - in sitemap, how do I call the DeliTransformer rather
than the TraxTransformer?

thanks, sorry about the delay in replying but I'm in Boston

Mark H. Butler, PhD
Research Scientist                HP Labs Bristol
mark-h_butler@hp.com