cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject [proposal] add Forrest binaries to our CVS
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:07:21 GMT
(cc to -docs for info, please discuss on -dev)

Recent activity on the cocoon-docs list suggests that the
Forrestization of our docs might be happening soon, and this raises
some issues due to the circular dependencies that this creates between
Cocoon and Forrest.
See [1] and [2].

Could we add a binary version of Forrest (including Cocoon binaries) to
our CVS repository so that everyone can generate the docs reliably from
the same version of Forrest, using it as a blackbox tool?

Until now Cocoon has been able to generate its own docs, but for other
projects this is not the case, they just use Forrest as a blackbox
binary tool.

I don't see any problem doing the same, and if we use Forrest anyway it
would be a big waste of time to keep maintaining the standalone
generation of our docs.

I think a separate CVS module ("cocoon-tools" ?) should be created for
this to avoid making the main CVS bigger, and the build scripts can
then reference the version of Forrest that is stored there using
relative paths.

View raw message