cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: esql samples
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:37:13 GMT
At 08:28 AM 3/13/2003, Torsten wrote:
><snip/>
>
>>It seems wrong to put it in the hsql block (because it's specific to the
>>db samples).  So I guess in the db block.  That makes the hsql block
>>build (presuming that's where the hsql script call goes) depend on the
>>database block, which is fine as you point out.
>
>Agreed - but I am really not in favor of the hsql script call.
>This call has to happen at runtime not build time :-/

That was not my understanding from Chris's email.  By "has to happen at
runtime" do you mean because of the nature of the hsql call, or some other
logical constraint?  I understood him to mean that the call would cause
hsql to parse and run that script at build time, and shut immediately
down.  I would assume it would skip the overhead of setting up listeners,
etc. and thus be pretty efficient.

Geoff