cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: [RANT] The Flow...
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:57:36 GMT
At 08:31 AM 3/5/2003, you wrote:
>On 5/3/03 7:29, "Christopher Oliver" <res1cf5x@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > Pier Fumagalli wrote:

<snip/>

> > I don't think its quite as bad as you make out. The intended public
> > interface of Ovidiu's design is really quite simple and elegant. The
> > problem is that a lot of the apparent "interfaces" in JSCocoon.java are
> > really implementation details.
>
>I know... But where can I read it? Where will our users be able to see that
>all those function they rely on are actually "implementation details" and
>that they shouldn't even touch them because we can remove them in the next
>release? (if the language doesn't allow you to specify that something is
>"private", it doesn't mean that you should be allowed to use it anyway).

Excuse my ignorance of the flow implementation to date, but wouldn't it
make more sense to only expose methods to javascript that are meant to be
public?  If an implementation issue is meant to be private/package
protected etc. why is it not handled in java as such and not exposed at all
to the flow scripting?

Geoff