cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit:cocoon-2.0/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation SQLTransformer.java
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:37:12 GMT

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 02:18 PM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>> Hmmm... If you need it, somewhere I have a "collapseWhitespace"
>>> implementation that we use... It's equivalent to trim plus replaces n
>>> occurrences of Char.isWhitespace(x) with a single space char...
>>>
>> Great! I guess that's exactly what we need.
>> Ehm, just one thought: Is it ok to collapse all whitespaces of the
>> sql query? Or should we only collapse whitespaces outside of " or ',
>> so for example a statement like   text = "ggg  hhh  yyy", should
>> not be collapsed to text = "ggg hhh yyy". This is really more
>> complicated than it should.

is there not some kind of 'normalise string' method, or am I getting
confused with XSLT ? ;)

> Luca just suggested to simply use a
> String query = StringUtils.replace(sb.toString(), "\r", " ", -1);

So I will try :

- String query = StringUtils.deleteWhitespace(sb.toString());

+ String query = StringUtils.replace(sb.toString(), "\r", " ",
-1).trim();

and commit if it works.

Incidentally, '\r' in my Queries never caused me a problem with MySQL.

Thanks for your help.

regards Jeremy