cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Source and commons-vfs
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2003 19:44:45 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> This is probably more an Avalon questions, but since it seems that
> Cocoon is the heaviest Source user it might well belong here too...
>
> Has anyone seen on jakarta commons the VFS project? Other than having
> more than one duplication with the Excalibur Source concept
> (suggesting me that it might be worth considering some sort of
> cooperation between the projects), it made me think about a VFS-based
> Source implementation, which would buy us a bunch of new and useful
> protocols.

Yep.

> Yet I'm wondering if someone has thought about it before since it
> seems pretty trivial to me to implement some sort of wrapper on top of
> it: I'm then asking, then, if there is something I'm missing or if
> this possible integration was just overlooked.

I found VFS when I wrote the CVSSource, but left it since there was
nothing CVS-related there. However, I found it interesting to write a
CVS provider for VFS, but the architecture seemed to me heavy compared
to what's needed to write a Source. I also didn't have the necessary
time to dig a lot.

> Thoughts?

Time for a VFSSource ?

Sylvain