cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Source and commons-vfs
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2003 19:25:00 GMT
This is probably more an Avalon questions, but since it seems that
Cocoon is the heaviest Source user it might well belong here too...

Has anyone seen on jakarta commons the VFS project? Other than having
more than one duplication with the Excalibur Source concept (suggesting
me that it might be worth considering some sort of cooperation between
the projects), it made me think about a VFS-based Source implementation,
which would buy us a bunch of new and useful protocols.

Yet I'm wondering if someone has thought about it before since it seems
pretty trivial to me to implement some sort of wrapper on top of it: I'm
then asking, then, if there is something I'm missing or if this possible
integration was just overlooked.

Thoughts?

--
Gianugo Rabellino