cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] XMLForm as a standalone servlet toolkit
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2003 09:57:28 GMT
ivelin wrote:

>>The difference is that we all chipped in as part of the
>>community to help finish the re-factoring. All that we
>>heard from you was bleating from the sidelines, urging us
>>to release a product that is not ready.
>>

>You should probably speak for yourself instead of hiding behind "we all".
>It is by far not a proven fact that waiting forever for the perfect release
>serves this project better than releasing smaller increments more often.
>
>I will not enumerate the other people who are no less valuable contributors
>and were also "bleating" about the release cycle.

Please stop enumerating people's contributions. All that is in Cocoon's
CVS is owned by the community. Sure, we are more concerned by what we
initially wrote, but, as a committer, you can update anything anywhere.

>It should probably ring a bell to you when people are back porting XMLForm
>into 2.0 just so they can use it in a stable release.

A few questions : why haven't *you* back ported XMLForm into 2.0 ? What
prevented *you* to do it ? And if other people did it, why haven't *you*
incorporated their patches in the 2.0 branch, if this is something that
itches you so much ?

Sylvain