cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Unnamed selector error message
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:59:15 GMT
Roberto wrote:

> hello, I try to develope a portal with cocoon, but I obtain this error
> message when I try to do some modifications on my sitemap.
>
> _UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for
> hint []_
>
> But the strange is that when I restore my old sitemap ( that worked
> well ) I obtain the same error message! I try to reboot my system, but
> it doesn't change anything. The only way to resolve the problem is to
> re-install cocoon,  put my old sitemap and all work well...
> How can I resolve this problem?

Won't be able to solve the problem without a full stacktrace...

But what is sure, is that there should be no reason for which you should
_reinstall_ Cocoon. What may happen, however, is that some "dirty" files
are still present in your servlet engine's work directory that make the
failure "persistant". Deleting this directoy should at least restore
proper behaviour of you old sitemap.

Sylvain

> If anyone speak italian I think that I can explain better the problem.

There are many italians here, but I can say your english is perfectly
acceptable ;-)

Sylvain