cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] XMLForm as a standalone servlet toolkit
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 07:02:43 GMT
On 28/03/2003 5:22 Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> What about creating an (experimental) branch for xmlform?

Exactly. Then again, Ivelin is looking into making XMLForm independent
from Cocoon IIUC from the freebuilder CVS. I don't know whether a branch
would liberate him sufficiently enough (which is if course not our concern).

W.r.t. legal things, I think Pier & Gianugu are right. Ivelin can do
whatever he wants with the code, if he sticks a copy of our license,
proper acknowledgements and the correct copyright holder onto the code.

Code developed _outside_ this community always needs to go through
explicit donation/copyright transfer before being able to be contributed
to the Cocoon project. And it seems like Ivelin was taking this
recontribution for granted.

Anyhow, I would prefer the abundant references to Apache & Cocoon to be
removed from that website. Being a committer means people trust you to
work _inside_ a community, and one should not use his apache.org address
to endorse personal endavours.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org