cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] XMLForm as a standalone servlet toolkit
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:01:16 GMT
On 27/03/2003 14:35 ivelin wrote:

> I've decided to extract XMLForm as a standalone toolkit in order to be able
> to faster develop experimental branches without affecting Cocoon.

I find this sad and would like to see a real rationale, and how you
'plan' to recontribute 'advancements'.

In case you were thinking to easily merge your changes, developed
outside this community, back into the main Cocoon trunk when you see
fit, don't expect us to be there: you are forking on your own reasons,
after all.

Also, _you_ as an individual cannot license changes under the ASF
license, since this requires the ASF to be the copyright holder, which I
understand is not the goal you are seeking. You will need to properly
prepare your own license, optionally making it ASL compatible.

Cheers,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org