cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From kristian meier <kristian.me...@jentro.com>
Subject I18nTransformater does not work in j2ee enviroment
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:21:07 GMT
Hi,

this application works fine on a standalone tomcat, but not on jboss
with tomcat.

the reason is quiet obvious:
the configuration of the I18nTransformater ask for the location of the
catalogs for the different locales. (in the sitemap)

in the code itself this location is resolved and than check wether its
SystemId starts with 'file:' or not. in the latter
case an exception like 'resource:/translations does not denote a
directory' is thrown.

well, why this restriction to the file-url ?

or is there any reason to check the url at this point whether it is a
directory or not ?

I didn't see a reason for this, since the XMLResourceBundleFactory the
catalogue-name is
just appended at the directory and furthermore file-url is not an
indicator for having an url to a directory.

I am happy to provide a patch to make the whole thing more flexible and
to get it work on my application server !!

Kristian