cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML Script in Rhino
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:41:44 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>  From http://dev2dev.bea.com/articles/Dietzen__Goland.jsp:
> ...BEA and its partners have submitted a reference implementation of the
> XML Script technology now being standardized in ECMA to Mozilla's Rhino
> project. XML Script is a new technology that makes XML a native data
> type of JavaScript/ECMAScript...

I'm waiting to see what this really means, but I had news about it some
time ago and indeed it was pretty cool even if a bit dangerous and abuse
prone. It's good to see, however, that Bea is somehow choosing the open
standard/open source (to some extent) way.

This however raises an interesting issue about our Rhino version being
heavily out of sync with the current one...

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l.