cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVS question (OT:eclipse on osx)
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:39:25 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le Mercredi, 26 mars 2003, à 10:51 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a
> écrit :
>
>> volker.schmitt@basf-it-services.com wrote:
>>
>>> using Eclipse 2.1 or 2.0.2 you can click (right) on a file or
>>> directory and
>>> select "Team/Change ASCII Binary Property...".
>>

>> ah, cool, I missed that. Thanks much.
>

> Just curious, are you using eclipse on osx?

yes

> I tried but editing is sooooooooo slow here.

yes, eclipse is a pig on osx, but I do have a 1Ghz G4 to push it :) and
I'm used to slow editing (actually slower IDEs increase your produtivity
by forcing you to think more and do less try/fail cycles)

Also note that I have to use java 1.3.1 since java 1.4.1 on osx is buggy
on a native implementation of FileInputStream.available() that causes
the osx compiler to give a weird error. Note that since cocoon now
compiles with the same compiler, we depend on the same problem.

the eclipse team is focused on windows/linux and the aquification of
osx, well, sucks ass from an aqua user-interface-guidelines point of
view. Calling it *alpha* from a usability perspective is a compliment.

Stefano.