cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: tallying [Re: [vote] micro-decision for docs: creation of cocoon-docs CVS module]
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:36:02 GMT
On 26/03/2003 7:02 David Crossley wrote:

> I think that the murkiness is a result of not having
> a proposal and subsequent discussion before calling
> a vote.

Hm. Could be, although this particular subject has been discussed,
semi-proposed and whatnot already at some serious length in the past,
the usual circular dicussion following suit hereafter.

IMHO, only you and Diana are feeling confident with the current
documentation 'system' (please consider this to be a sincere
compliment). Of course, this situation is wrong.

Therefore, I'm on a quest for a clean-sheet approach. I see two (!) main
areas:

  - the website, with some general purpose info, and Cocoon primers
  - Cocoon documentation, which is a mix of serious hand-written
reference material, and some generated stuff, which is properly
versioned and closely attached to a certain release version - no more
CVS syncing anymore.

Sigh. I assume this is some pattern in (community?) development: "at a
certain point in time, people will want to start from scratch in order
to proceed, and the historical past is only a burden then". Or is it
just my own laziness when it comes to proper refactoring?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org