cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clean up build system
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:15:13 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

>>>What's the goal of this 'cut/paste discovery tool', I don't know it :-/
>>
>>when you resort of doing cut/paste in your code is because your OO
>>design is bad and should be refactored.
>>
>>lack of cut/paste doesn't measure the quality of your object
>>orientation, but the amount of cut/paste tokens *DOES* measure the lack
>>of purity of your OO solutions.
>>
>>checkout
>>
>>http://pmd.sourceforge.net/cpd.html
>>
>>I'm normally not a great fan of automatic code metrics (the stuff that
>>Maven generates, is, IMHO, useless crap), but the PMD project has very
>>interesting ideas and CPD is one of them. Too bad is slow as hell!
>>
>>So, people, take a look at PURITY.txt and feel ashamed :)

>>>So you don't have objections, if I add a test target for blocks ;-)
>>
>>No objection whatsoever!
>

> Another question, we have a license file for 'maybeupload', but not a
> library for it?

Ah, forgot to remove it. Go ahead and blast it.

> If there are no objections, I want to copy build.new.xml to build.xml.

Go ahead.

> Do we still require build.old.xml?

There are a few things missing in build.xml, I was looking into this
right now:

  - xsp precompilation
  - dist (I'm going to commit this as soon as you do the transition)
  - validation thru schematron (what's the benefit of this, anyway?)

Other than this, I think you can go ahead and remove it.

Stefano.