cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [proposal] a new kind of 'dist'
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:38:59 GMT
Stefano wrote:
> > It's not a technical point, if it were only so we would be doing
> > releases by just tagging CVS probably.
>
> I don't like your tone.

I'm afraid on this point I agree with Nicola Ken. From a technical perspective, it
makes complete sense to use a source build (even point people direct at CVS). But
we have to take psychology into account. CVS scared me at first. Build scared me
too. How do we make the learning curve easier? Why loose people who don't get
past those first hurdles, when they may well be perfectly capable of working with
Cocoon, but didn't have the confidence to make those first few jumps?

Upayavira