cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clean up build system
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:18:33 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:
> Hi,
>
> holly shit what's going on in the list ;-) On the weekend
> I tried to clean up the build system. but I noticed
> some files I don't know.
>
> For example tools/src/loader/Loader.java. Is this files
> still need anymore?

Sure. It's a portable java loader to get rid of stupid classpath issues.
It's called by ./cocoon.sh and ./cocoon.bat to load the CLI and Jetty.
Since win32 script programming is a pain in the ass, writing a java stub
makes it much easier to do cross-platform scripting.

> And then PURITY.txt?

This is my try to get people into cleaning up their mess.

It is the dump of the cut/paste discovery tool. Since it normally takes
5/6 hours to do a normal cut/paste discovery on coocon-dev, I left it
there so that people might realize how much *cut/paste* was done inside
Cocoon.

but I think nobody really cares. as for unit tests. which is a very bad
thing :/

Stefano.