cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] a new kind of 'dist'
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:00:11 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 24/03/2003 11.53:
> 1) bandwidth reduction (yes, this should be our concern as cocoon is
> getting so big)

Then start taking ant away from CVS and distros, and use a mirrored
download for the jars, it's part of the same thing.

I'm sure that if we don't give our users a sample precompiled version it
will have a really negative impact on the alpha-view of Cocoon and stop
many from checking it out, whatever technical motive you may have.

It's not a technical point, if it were only so we would be doing
releases by just tagging CVS probably.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -