cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [vote] micro-decision for docs: creation of cocoon-docs CVS module
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:05:17 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> In order to get one little step closer to the 'new' document
> infrastructure, many of us seek clarity whether we should move docs to
> a separate CVS module or not. The benefits and downfalls are largely
> known, so let's vote on this and get this issue cleared.
>
> My own personal bias: don't forget the different Cocoon _versions_ are
> now stored in separate modules, too.
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
>  [X]  creation of cocoon-docs module
>  [ ]  docs should stay in src/documentation of the code tree module(s)

I don't clearly understand the second item : is it simply the negation
of the first one ?

To avoid to much disruption (we've seen recently how bad this is
perceived), I'm +1 too keep the docs in src/documentation until the new
cocoon-docs module is up to speed. This means that in the meantime,
src/documentation should be frozen : it stays there untouched until the
new system is ready. I prefer slightly outdated docs that no docs at all !

I also think Cocoon distros should include a static snapshot of the
docs. This means that the doc system should be able to identify
version-specific documents or even document parts to produce an adequate
documentation.

Sylvain