cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Developer and Deployment Concerns
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:41:45 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> <unrelated>I would really like to see dev@cocoon.apache.org</unrelated>
>
> With the view related security issues that have arrisen, we have to look
> at some realities of development and deployment.  They have some
> potentially conflicting concerns.

This reminds me of a discussion back in september (see [1]) about
running modes. Some of the concerns you address can be solved by having
various components adapt their behaviour depending if Cocoon runs in
development mode or in deployment mode, and thus providing more
"unsecure" features at development time while being more strict at
deployment time by just changing a flag in a configuration file.

Sylvain

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103175546321320&w=2