cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] fixing the encoding problems
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:39:37 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> If you start adding the environment, this is not true anymore and we
> must cache *BOTH* the pipeline output (as xml) and the serializer output
> (as binary) because their ergodicity can be different.
>
> This is the only concern I'm having.
>
> If enough people believe this is a small price to pay, well, I'll turn
> my -1 into a -0 for giving Environment access to the Serializers.

Given that caching seems to be an almost-non-issue and that we seem to
be pretty convinced that this would not break the overall design, here's
+1 to add SitemapModelComponent to serializer into
SitemapModelComponent. Of course we have to take into account a
migration path for all the existing serializers (though it should be
enough to add empty impls to AbstractSerializer: AFAIK every concrete
Serializer in Cocoon inherits from it).

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino