cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] fixing the encoding problems
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:37:52 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 19/03/2003 14.41:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 18/03/2003 13.05:

>>> I would not write a transformer but a serializer.
>>> What's wrong with this?
>>
>> I cannot configure it.
>
> ???? serializers are configurable just like any other component.

Ok, I'm not clear, let's see if this is better :-)

- Local redifinition if serializer parameters:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104281144016447&w=2

example:
"
  <map:match pattern="doc/utf/*.xml">
    <map:generate  src="docs/*.xml"/>
    <map:transform  src="doc-page2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="html">
     <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
    </map:serialize>
  </map:match>
"

- Access to ComponentManager

http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org/msg14047.html

- Access to Sourceresolver to use external configuration files

- Access to values in the Environment/objectmodel

             - verba volant, scripta manent -