cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Discussion of Flow Issues
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:54:48 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Great, integration between different not-all-flowable parts is a *real*
> need for sessions in the FOM.
>
> So +1 to add it.
>
> Anybody against it?
>
> Stefano.

-1 for this reason. As mentioned in other mails, direct access to the
session isn't needed in Ugo's case.

+1 for a different reason: I think direct access to the session will be
needed for backward compatibility with existing Cocoon components (e.g.
Portal) that use the session for communication. But this could be
encapsulated in a higher level JavaScript API that internally manages
the session (like what I did with XMLForm). What do you think? Another
possibility is to only expose the session at the Java level (not
JavaScript) forcing new JavaScript objects that need access to it to be
written in Java. This might prevent abuse.

Regards,

Chris