cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [rt] resource-exists selector
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:50:33 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote, On 18/03/2003 15.43:
>
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>> Matchers have side effect by returning map of values.
>>

>> What about some "super-selector" (or "multi-match" ?) that would be
>> allowed to return sitemap values ?
>

> And make Matchers and Selectors able to use the a MathcerSelectors as
> a common implementation? That way I can make my
> ResourceExistsMathcerSelector and use it both in a Matcher and a
> Selector.
>

> public abstract MatcherSelector implements Matcher, Selector
>
>   match(...){ calls matchOrSelect}
>   select(...){ calls matchOrSelect}
>   public abstract matchOrSelect(...)
>    { override this for common functionality}

Wow, I love that !

[entering RT mode, with capital letters !]

Taking this idea further (selectors returning sitemap values), we can
consider that a <map:match> is equivalent to a <map:select> with a
single <map:test>, and that a <map:select> is a sequence or <map:match>.

We can even have the sitemap engine handle all this transparently
depending on the actual class of the component and handle all this
transparently !

And we end-up with deprecating the <map:selectors> sections in the
components by letting <map:matchers> hold any of the Matcher and
Selector interfaces...

Thoughts ?

Sylvain