cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: exclusion of certain blocks from build is busted
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:10:51 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>>>Found it - there is extra whitespace at the end of these
>>>three lines in block.properties, i.e. after the =true
>>>
>>>Thank the lord, i am not going mad. Sounds like we
>>>need normalize-space() whenever properties are read.
>>>Call in the XSL/build experts.
>>
>>Oh, gosh, ant is *very* picky. Fixed in CVS.
>

> Gee, i could have easily committed such a simple fix to
> remove the extra whitespace. However, i left it because as
> discussed above, it needs a more robust solution, like using
> normalize-space() in the blocks-build.xsl, but i could not
> see where to do this. Quick hacks just leave the way open for
> the build to be busted again like this and causing someone
> else three days of grief.

David, I'm not trying to be abnoxious, I just fix it *now* but I didn't
want to rule out better solutions.

Now, since the properties are *NOT* loaded by xslt, we can't use any
normalized-space() thing.

I think it's the <istrue> <condition> in ant that needs to strip
whitespace before avaluating. Maybe we could submit a bug report there.

Stefano.