cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The road to Cocoon 2.1
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:24:03 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> On 15/3/03 21:54, "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>- flow
>>  - provide a block-like method for extension of the object model
>

> What about something similar to Mozilla's XPConnect?
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/scriptable/

No, I don't think this is what we need. XPConnect is a dynamic wrapper
between native XPCOM components and javascript that avoids the use of a
IDL compiler to pregenerate the code hooks.

What we need is a way for a block to *extend* the FOM.

One way of doing this, would be to avalonize the flow environment, write
an XML configuration for the FOM and have blocks 'xpatch' that
configuration file which is used at startup by the flow environment to
write the flow.

But I'm not sure how hard this is to implement.

Stefano.