cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Flow as a block
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:50:16 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>><SNIP/>
>>

>>>So, perhaps Sylvain has a clever idea on how to implement this in the
>>>treeprocessor.
>>>

>>I think that using xconftool is enough.
>>

>Yes, after thinking about it, for now we even don't need the xconftool
>but a clever exception handling/message.
>
>(Sylvain, correct me if I'm wrong)
>The configuration for the tree processor defines for an XML element a
>builder class. This builder is used when the sitemap contains this XML
>element. My idea is now, that this builder class is only invoked,
>when the XML element is used in the sitemap.
>
>So, if you have flow installed, the corresponding builder classes are
>available and you don't get any problem if you use flow or not.
>
>If flow is not installed and you don't use flow, the builder classes are
>not used -> no problem.
>If flow is not installed and you use flow, the builder classes are
>tried to be used but not available -> exception "class not found"
>-> clever message to the user.
>
>Sound easy...

But won't work :-(

Why ? Well, yes, a sitemap element = a builder class. But the
configuration file that defines them is used to feed a
ComponentSelector, which will try to load the class and the result is
that you will get an Exception in the initialization phase of the
TreeProcessor...

The only viable solution is for the declaration to be _not present_ in
the treeprocessor configuration.

Sylvain