cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Java PetStore sample - alternative view
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:36:33 GMT
leo leonid wrote:

> excellent! so I can go on with checkout, order, shiping, etc...
>
>> Does Xsp have some way of doing number formatting? The numeric values
>> you receive from JavaScript are of type java.lang.Double.
>

> Yes probably there is already a logicsheet for this, I try to avoid
> <xsp:logic/>. Number formating is also possible with XSL <xsl:value-of
> select="format-number (aNumber, '###,###.##')"/>

Do you think it makes sense to add xsl functions to the JXPath context
used by the jpath logic sheet, so that you can call them directly from
jpath, e.g <jpath:value-of select ="format-number(/totalCost,
'###,###.##')"/> ?

> But something really ugly - where I really can't imagine an elegant
> solution with XSP or XSL - is HTML in the DB. The only reasonable
> solution would be restructuring the DB, but then it isn't THE petstore
> anymore. hm?? so where should we solve this problem?

I think the original author was trying to make a direct comparison to
the M$ Petshop example, which has html in the DB. I think we can and
should remove that. IIRC IBatis JPetstore version 1

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ibatisjpetstore/jpetstore-src-1-2-3.zip?download

has the proper design.

Regards,

Chris