cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Gump and CocoonDev
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:56:03 GMT
On 17/03/2003 14:06 Sam Ruby wrote:

> I still don't think I am communicating.  Let me try a specific example:

Yep, we weren't.

> bruno is in cocoondev, but his primary group is ot.  If he were to
> create files in /usr/serverlocal/gump, by default, I couldn't change them.

Indeed.

> I'd like bruno's primary group to be cocoondev, or myself added to group
> ot.  Or for bruno's primary group to be changed to something that you
> would feel comfortable adding me to.

... which, given the number of projects (-> groups) and possible
interrelations in-between means I would be better off putting all users
in one group (i.e. cocoondev).

On icarus/daedalus, each user has its own group as a primary group. I
assume the problem lives there, too, and that they solved this using
sticky bits?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org