cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon compiles in Gump!!!
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:59:27 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Good news, everyone!
>
> For the first time in the history of Gump, we were able to run clean
> last night.
>
> Now we have a problem: the block builds expect a cocoon jar, but before
> packaging we have to compile the blocks because they patch the role file
> which is included into the package.
>
> We have a deadlock
>
> What do we do?

Here is what I did with a Swing framework I am working on:

In D-Haven.sourceforege.net's GUIApp framework, we have a special
RoleManager that will look up all implementations of a Role/Service
at runtime.  The trade-off for the time being is that these
components must have the same component handler.  I am looking for
a better way to express that part of the metadata.

The point is this information can be culled from the block jars
at runtime, and merged in with the main system.

Alternatively, they can use the SItemap approach, which has a
separate "container" per block and the calls for components are
delegated through the component manager for the block.