cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Continuation in objectModel, Was: Discussion of Flow Issues
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 02:56:05 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Right now VelocityGenerator exports (as per javadoc):
>
> * <dt>request (org.apache.cocoon.environment.Request)</dt>
> * <dd>The Cocoon current request</dd>
> *
> * <dt>template (java.lang.String)</dt>
> * <dd>The path of the template file currently being evaluated</dd>
> *
> * <dt>response (org.apache.cocoon.environment.Response)</dt>
> * <dd>The Cocoon response associated with the current request</dd>
> *
> * <dt>context (org.apache.cocoon.environment.Context)</dt>
> * <dd>The Cocoon context associated with the current request</dd>
> *
> * <dt>parameters (org.apache.avalon.framework.parameters.Parameters)</dt>
> * <dd>Any parameters passed to the generator in the pipeline</dd>
>
> It will be easy to add
>
> * <dt>flowContinuation (xxxx)</dt>
> * <dt>flowBean (xxxx)</dt>
>
> And these should be valid values, right?

Yes, it will be easy. But if that was all there was to it, I wouldn't
have needed to create FlowVelocityGenerator in the first place. When
using the flow layer I _only_ want to pass the bean object and
continuation to the Velocity template, not the request, not the
response, not the context, and not the parameters. Actually, what I
really want is for the properties of the bean object to be properties of
the Velocity context. I didn't see an easy way of doing that and
maintaining backward compatibility. That is why I created
FlowVelocityGenerator.

Regards,

Chris