cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Continuation in objectModel, Was: Discussion of Flow Issues
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 02:45:27 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> On 17/3/03 2:06, "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net> wrote:
>

>>Practical proposal:
>>
>>* Add "flow-continuation" to the objectModel, and getter method to the
>>ObjectModelHelper, as a replacement for "kont" environment attribute.
>

> Read only properties of the "script" (global) ??? Or rather a function (I'd
> lean towards the first approach)...

In the flow script itself, "kont" is equivalent to the return value of
sendPageAndWait() and "bean-dict" is equivalent to the second argument
of sendPage*():

   var k = sendPageAndWait("someURI", bean);

In Xsp:

   <jpath:continuation> refers to the same object as "k"
   <jpath:value-of select='.'> refers to the same object as "bean"

In Velocity:

   $continuation refers to the same object as "k"
   $this refers to the same object as "bean"

In XMLForm:

   <xf:textbox ref="/">  ref="/" refers to the same object as "bean"
   <xf:submit id="next" continuation="forward"/> id will be overwritten
with the same value as k.id

>>* Add "flow-bean" to the objectModel, as a replacement for "bean-dict"
>>environment attribute.
>

> +1 :-)
>
> This raises a question... Do we want to keep the IDL sources in line with
> what's in the implementation (as it is right now) or do we want to work on
> an abstract model in IDL and then implement it?
>
> Maybe it would be a good idea to move everything as of the current
> implementation in a "cocoon.flow.javascript" module, keep that in sync with
> the implementation, hack around the "cocoon.flow" module, leaning towards a
> good design, and make those two models converge.
>
> How does it sound? Ideas?

Agree. I wrote the original IDL to reflect exactly what was in CVS. We
should move that somewhere else and start designing the proper interfaces.

Regards,

Chris