cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Java PetStore sample
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 01:14:08 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Christopher Oliver wrote:
>
>> leo leonid wrote:

>>> I just started writing an alternative view using xsp/xsl.
>>> Should be ready tomorrow or after tomorrow.
>>>
>>> /Leo
>>>

>> Great!
>

> Oh, BTW, your petstore is simply amazing! a complete web application in
> 22kb of javascript code. Cocoon will beat the crap out of both J2EE and
> .NET in a short while.
>
> We must be prepared for the flood of people that will *wow* over this
> and flood our mail lists.

Thanks, but don't call it "my petstore". There's no code or idea
ownership here, right? Everything I have done was built on top of
somebody else's work, especially this. I just refactored the Ibatis
petstore to use the flow layer and Velocity. Likewise with Rhino, I
refactored it to support continuations, but I built on the work of
Norris Boyd, Roger Lawrence, Brenden Eich, Igor Bukanov and others.

So I'll take some credit for making a contribution, as should Ovidiu,
(and, in my opinion, as should you for helping communicate the vision).

But the code and ideas belong to everybody.

Regards,

Chris