cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/servlet CocoonServlet.java]
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2003 23:07:57 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 16/03/2003 23.58:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> we are never far enough from our egos to be safe, remember? :)

;-)   :-PPPP

Actually what pisses me off is "this sucks" without any concrete
proposal or even only explaining what need is not satisfied with the
current system. Oh well...

>> So the result would be:
>>
>> Notification  (what to notify)
>> NotificationBuilder (the Notification creator)
>> Notifier (the Notification "sender")
>>
>> Which is much simpler, and loses all extensibility, which has never
>> been used.

> +1 for the three classes version. It separates concerns cleanly without
> aiming for too much abstraction.

:-D

> Now, are you also volunteering to do the fixes? it would sure take you
> much less effort than me since you know the code better.

Sure. Not these days, i still have some management jobs to do, but
after... sure!

Keep me pinged please so I get it done.

TIA

             - verba volant, scripta manent -