cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/servlet CocoonServlet.java]
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2003 19:50:36 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Thanks :-)

You are welcome.

Nico, I must be honest with you, the Notifying classes well... hmmm, how
to say this... ehmmm... all right: I don't like them.

My feeling is that they are too complex for the easy thing they do. They
are somewhat over-objectified.

I know you had plans to improve them (I saw the comments inside and the
skeleton of what you want to do) but I just think that you're simply
trying to do too many things, resulting in such mess that is hard to
understand who handles what and why.

I'm not suggesting to remove them, but I'm suggesting to simplify them
by a great deal and I would like you to be involved because you know all
the pieces of the puzzle.

This is not so critical so can be postponed at post-2.1 release, but
this will have to be done and I would like to know your comments about this.

Stefano.